Into Outside’s project goals are to eliminate barriers to young people connecting them with the outdoors by introducing them to the park’s natural wonders through emerging and social media. We also seek to provide the technology vehicles for partners to reach their community and provide online forums for facilitating feedback.
INTO OUTSIDE addresses key issues.
- Provides urgently needed tools and resources for youth to learn about and explore wild places
- Offers culturally relevant programming in multiple languages
- Addresses cultural interpretations regarding safety risks from being outdoors
- Improves availability of viable open space
- Extends programming and outreach to a broader range of youth
- Provides youth community a voice through online, social and mobile media
- Enables people everywhere to explore the wonder and beauty of the outside with digestible interpretation
- Provides a mobile tool to empower a park visitor with more information
- Inspires youth and their community to visit and protect wilderness areas
Learn More About Into Outside